Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day Three of NaNoWriMo

I wrote 668 words this morning between English class and work. I was at the public library and some guy asked me for my number. Maybe I looked like a business woman with my laptop and books spread out on the table around me. I gave him one of my numbers but I prayed that he wouldn't call or that he would just lose the piece of paper I had written it on. Sure it would have been easier just to say that I wasn't interested but where's the fun in that?

He asked if he could sit down and talk to me while I wrote but I told him that wouldn't be a good idea because I needed to concentrate. This was bull of course because I work in a place that's 90% black women and we talk all the time and still manage to get our work completed on time. I just didn't want to be bothered.

Once I got off work, I picked up my son and we went home. He fell asleep maybe ten minutes after I had put him in his pajamas. Thank God for that because I was able to write another 1,256 before calling it quits. I was so caught up in going over my notes that I lost track of time and didn't update my word count on the website until a little after 12:30 AM. No problem because I'm ahead of schedule anyway.

I may end up having more characters in this story than I can keep up with, but I'll remedy that after November 30.

Word Count
6,252/50,000

No comments: