Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 22 or NaNoWriMo

D woke me up at around 9:30 this morning. He said he wanted to watch TV but since he played over his dinner last night, I’m sure he was hungry as well but didn’t want to admit it. After eating breakfast and putting a load of clothes in the washer and dryer, I sat down to attempt to get some writing done.

To keep D occupied, I let him listen to my IPod but you better believe I watched him closely to make sure he didn’t figure out how to hide all of my applications or delete my music. He soon got tired of messing around with it, so to amuse himself he decided to destroy the living room. Clothes, shoes, toys, and newspaper pages are everywhere, but I tried to ignore it for the sake of my writing.

After I had finished crying along with my characters at word number 1,864, my son began picking up all of his toys and putting them in the toy box. I guess in his two year old mind I was upset because he had made a mess. I thought that was so sweet that we went to get barbeque, something he had been wanting for a week.
Not surprisingly, D only ate two and a half French fries before he decided that he had had enough. This kid is hilarious. He made me help him take his shirt off then he crawled under my chair and fell soundly asleep under my chair. I put him in the bed and he slept about an hour.

When D woke up again he wanted to play with my IPod again. I should have never showed him the SpongeBob Squarepants game.

By 6:46 pm I was fresh out of ideas, but I had gotten to 2,667 so I felt pretty good about that.

One more week and NaNoWriMo will be over (sniff). So I still have time to get back on track. I’m going to have to push out 2,233 words a day to make it. Wish me luck everyone.

Word Count
32,138/50,000

No comments: