Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day Four of NaNoWriMo

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to write a whopping 1,745 words this morning, before my son woke up. After that, I had to dress both of us and drop him off at the sitter's before going to work.

Once I returned from work, I remembered that the rough draft for my evaluation essay for English class was due. Too bad I couldn't add those 300+ words to my NaNo word count.

Here's a little exert from today's writing:

“Spit it out, Carl, or this meeting is over.”

“I need you to find Peaches.”

“Who the hell is Peaches, a dog or something?”

“She’s my wife.” Look at the balls on this guy.

“Now why in the hopscotch hell would I help you find some woman?”

“I’ll pay you. It’s not like you have to do it for free.” Wow. This fool is crazy.

“I’ll think about it.”

“I really need you to help me. I…”

“I said I would think about it. Goodbye Carl.” He tried to hug me again but when I showed him my taser, he backed away.

“Did I ever tell you I was sorry?”

“What?”

“Did I ever say that I was sorry, for hurting you? I didn’t want to, I just couldn’t help it. You just always had a smart mouth and I just didn’t know how to deal with you.”

“You knew I was Sassy when you met me. That’s no excuse. Please don’t come to my office uninvited again. The police will be called next time.”

“I am sorry, Sassy. I hope you will help me find…” I slammed the door before he finished. What a piece of work.


What you think? Is it great or does it suck?

Currently, I am about 1,300 words ahead of schedule and it feels good. Not being connected to the internet while I am working helps tremendously.(Hint, Hint)

Keep it up fellow NaNoers.

Word Count
7,997/50,000

No comments: