Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 7 of NaNoWriMo

When I woke up this morning, I immediately got my algebra quiz out of the way. I was thinking about what I was going to do to complete my English essay, when D woke up. Since it was still breakfast time at McDonalds, we got dressed and went up there for our sausage fix. Afterwards we headed to my father’s house. After sitting around and telling my dad about all the crazy things that had happened to me this week, I pulled out my laptop so I could finish my essay.

Too bad those 500 words didn’t go towards my word count. After rereading and tweaking my essay for about an hour, I finally started on my daily NaNo task. Despite kids running in and out of the house my dad asking me stuff and having to change my supposed to be potty-trained son several times, I was able to get in about 800 words. After eating and watching TV for a while, I packed all my belongings in the car (including the boy) and headed home.

D feel asleep in the car, which meant that I would definitely get a chance to meet my goal. As soon as we got home, I put the kid in the bed and grabbed my laptop. 867 words escaped from my pen before the cell door was slammed shut by a whining baby, demanding attention. Maybe I’ll be able to write more tonight once he goes back to sleep or exceed my goal tomorrow.

Happy Writing, NaNoers! One week down three more to go. You can do it!

Word Count
11,951/50,000

No comments: