Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 11 of NaNoWriMo

I’m going to have to get rid of this chair. D hid my phone in it the other day. But you’ll never guess what he had stuffed in there last night. My coat, my keys, and the cup part of his training pot. He even fell asleep with half of his body stuffed into the side of the cushion. I realized this morning that my cell phone charger was missing and since it wasn’t in the chair with the other items, I assumed that the burglar took it with them. It’s a good thing I have a car charger.

According to my car’s built-in thermometer, it was 52˚outside. When I plugged up my phone, I sat there with the car running for a few minutes, then turned it off and went back into the house. I wasn’t sure if my car battery would die from the phone charging so I went outside every once in awhile to crank up the car and let it run for about a minute at a time.

In between running outside to the car, I was working on my novel. By 8:16, I had a total of 816 words, isn’t that something. Anyway, I was starting to get sleepy again, so I went into my bedroom to get a little more shut-eye. At 8:55, D made me get up because he wanted to watch TV. After eating breakfast, I snuck back on the computer while D was mesmerized by Clifford the Big Red Dog.

I had made it to 1,662 by 12:29, when I decided to take a break. That was only 5 short of today’s goal, but I still needed to make up for yesterday and the day before, which was another 1,947.

D fell asleep on our way home from picking up something to eat. I ate my salad and half of my pasta before jumping back on my laptop. I didn’t quite make it 1,947 but I did do another 1,453, a fact of which I feel pretty good about.

The sorry maintenance man didn’t show up today but they promised to come tomorrow morning. I’m gonna have to miss class for the first time this semester but I need to make sure I get my hot water tank replaced without any more of my other stuff coming up missing. I should be completely back on track with my word count tomorrow.
Happy writing, fellow NaNoers!!

Word Count
17,843/50,000

No comments: