Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 8 of NaNoWriMo

My boss’s boss needs me to work on a presentation for her that’s due Tuesday, and I don’t even know where to begin. I’ve folded so many little toddler outfits that I’m about to lose my mind. I spent an hour looking for my cell phone, which just happened to be stuck in the imitation lazy boy chair thanks to this little boy of mine. My landlord has me silently cursing her for not sending the maintenance man over TODAY!! This doggone house is falling apart and I am definitely planning to move at the beginning of the year.

Despite all of this, I made time to work on my novel. I wrote 529 words before the mess that my son had made of the living room began making me want to snap. I didn’t do a perfect job but at least I wouldn’t be ashamed for people to walk through my front door. Another 553 was added to my word count until I got an undeniable craving for some ice cream.

Back in front of the computer with a Butterfinger Blast within arm’s reach, I set out on my mission again. My final word addition for the day came out to be 621.
I am really falling in love with my characters. Even though I am still sticking to my basic outline, my muse is really working overtime when it comes to filling in the blanks.

Happy NaNoing!!

Word Count
13,654/50,000

No comments: