Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 18 of NaNoWriMo

After work, I spent my writing time working on an essay about the causes of social media addiction. My word count needs to be 750 but I’ve only made it to 501.
I worked on my novel a little last night before going to bed and ended with 1069 words. Even though I have fallen behind I’m glad that I have not just completely stopped writing. All it takes is a couple of days where I get up to 2,000 or 3,000 words and I’ll be good.

Maybe I’ll be able to get in a little writing while I’m on break at work tomorrow. There are a few ideas in my notebook that I’m thinking about expanding on I just have to determine what direction to go in.

Excerpt
I called Cole Slaw and asked her if she and Marcus wanted to go out to dinner with me and Jerry. We figured that it would be better to pose our wedding suggestion face to face.

“That sounds like a good idea, we haven’t done the double dating thing in a while,” Cole Slaw said.

“Yeah, I know, but now we can call it double engagement.”

“What? You’re shitting me!”

“Nope, not at all.”

“I’m so glad. We’re both engaged, this is so cool.”

“I know right. We’ll see you later, hun.”

The parking lot outside of the Olive Garden was pretty crowded so Jerry dropped me
off at the door while he parked the car. We had just ordered our drinks when Cole Slaw and Marcus walked in. Our conversation about law enforcement and criminals along with the good food was excellent. I elbowed Jerry because he was the designated spokesperson.

“Say, uh, Sassy and I had an idea that we wanted to run by the two of you.”

“Okay, what’s up? You need help planning your wedding, right? I have all kinds of magazines we can look through,” Cole Slaw said.

“Well, yeah we need some help. We were wondering if maybe we the four of us could get married together. With the economy like it is we could save a lot of money.”

The table was quiet for what seemed like hours. I was starting to think that asking my friends to be a part of their special day wasn’t such a good idea. Then Cole Slaw and Marcus looked at each other and smiled. Marcus was the first to speak.

“Of course you guys can share our wedding day. I think it would be fun. You guys were going to be our best man and maid of honor anyway so now you get to dress a little better and help us pay for all of the food and flowers.”

We all got up and hugged each other. People at the tables surrounding wondered what all of the fuss was about. When we told them that we all were getting married everyone began smiling and saying congratulations. One family even sent us a bottle of wine to celebrate.


Word Count
26,954/50,000

No comments: