Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 9 of NaNoWriMo

Since I had to work on my the presentation for my boss’s boss, I wasn’t able to work on NaNo this morning. Five hundred words gone down the toilet bowl, and I still had to continue working on it for three more hours once I got to work. Man, I’m too nice…almost. I wrote some notes for today’s writing while I was in a meeting. No one knew what I was doing because I continued to answer and ask questions, so they figured I was just taking notes.

I wrote 1,074 words before I got sleepy. I hate not meeting my goal for today, but tomorrow has got to be better.

Here’s an excerpt from today’s writing:

When Shannon stood to introduce us, I tried to hold in my surprise. Shannon left Kadijah and me in the living room alone. I watched the woman as she folded the laundry.

“I’m sorry for your loss,” I said looking at Kadijah. She stopped folding for a moment and then continued.

“I’ve been sorry for 10 years.”

“What do you mean?"

“He cheated on me for most of our marriage, and didn’t find out about all of the bastard children he had, until recently.”

“Did you know that Shannon was his girlfriend when you first started working for her?”

“Girlfriend, please. He had whores all over the city; she was just one of thousand.”

“So, did you kill him here or did you kill him someplace else and just brought him here,” She stopped folding then and got up. “Shannon, I believe my time is up for today. I will see you next week.”

“Um, okay, Kadijah,” Shannon said walking into the living room. She went over to the mantle over the fireplace and picked up an envelope. Kadijah took the envelope from Shannon’s hand and picked up her things from the corner. She looked at me, nodded, and walked out the door.

“I wonder what’s wrong with Kadijah; she never leaves in the middle of folding.”

I stood up and dragged my cast to the door, “Maybe it was something I said.”


Try to stay on track fellow NaNoers. You can do it.

Word Count
14,718/50,000

No comments: