Sunday, December 21, 2014

Playtime is almost over ~ Writing Plans for the New Year

photo from erincondren.com

I'm not much for resolutions but I set all kinds of goals for myself from fitness to budgeting and all other things in between.  With the end of December and my self-imposed break approaching quicker than I anticipated, I've been thinking about my upcoming writing goals.

One of the last courses I'm taking this month is called Scrivener for Beats on Udemy.com by Sean Platt, a writer whom I've mentioned in a previous post. Beats are Sean's version of outlining stories, with pictures of actors that could portray the characters in a movie. He also includes pictures of locations that the story could possibly take place.



I attempted this a few years ago when I first encountered Scrivener but I lost all of my pictures and notes when my PC started acting crazy.  I was forced to practically wipe my whole system clean, which made me cry like a new born baby for about 2 days (Don't judge me).

The notes I made were nowhere near as detailed as the ones in Sean's video. I can't wait to get started working on my failed NaNoWriMo 2014 project again. It's a good story, I guess it wasn't time for me to write it then. Once I apply Sean's tips, I'll be in a much better place than I am now.

Have you set any goals or resolutions for 2015? Tell me about them.

As always, happy writing.
I'll Holler!!!

No comments: