Wednesday, December 3, 2014

AWAI Copywriting Course


What I'm up to...

I mentioned in the last post that I was going to be taking some online writing classes.  The first of several classes that I have on my list is called The Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting.

Six Figure??? That's what caught my attention.

The program was created by a group of writers from American Writers & Artists Inc. most widely known as AWAI.  This community is made up of a number of successful copywriters that share their knowledge of marketing with people that are interested in writing for a living.

From direct mail letters to online sales pages, copywriters write all forms of marking for companies. Copywriters can specialize in certain areas from nutrition to finance.  You can learn more about this group of writers and instructors at www.awaionline.com.

What I Hope to Accomplish...

Those of you that followed my blog during NaNoWriMo may be wondering why a fiction writer is interested in writing non-fiction.  Well, I love writing, all kinds of writing.  I plan to write for a living one day and I do not want to limit myself and my earning potential.

I'm pretty sure being a storyteller can help me relate to the customers that I'll be writing to.  The skills obtained from being a copywriter will be very helpful when it comes time to market my novels and also to help when I create my author website/blog.  So it's a win/win situation.

In all honesty, I get bored doing the same thing for a long period of time so I will feel good about having different projects to work on to break up the monotony.

Don't get it twisted, I'm a stickler for schedules and timeliness so I don't think I will ever have a problem completing tasks.  Now I'm a realist and I do realize that things will come up that are outside of my control but I don't anticipate that happening very often (figures crossed).

How About You?

What kind of writing life are you trying to lead? Do you want to write for a living or just for fun?

No matter what...Happy Writing.

I'll holler.

No comments: