Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5 of NaNoWriMo

I got in 96 words before heading to school. I became a little caught up in my made up world, that is until I heard the baby fidgeting. Reluctantly, I had to call it quits for the morning.

For as long as I can remember, I've loved writing, but trying to meet this 50,000 word goal has been addictive. It's been a real job trying to come up with more material for my novel on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I am so not complaining. I've just never thought that I would have a writing schedule.

After work I went out for a drink with two of my co-workers. Then I picked up D and we headed home. He watched TV while I played around on the internet (I know, when I could have been writing-stop nagging me, Muse.) D kept coming into my office, climbing into my lap and then climbing back down. Finally, after an hour of this, he fell asleep in my arms. He had not done this in months, so I cherished the moment, briefly.

As soon as I laid the little bugger down, I grabbed my notebook and laptop and got to work.

Unfortunately, I only had 251 words in me. I don't feel too bad because I have a word count cushion that I had been building on over the last few days. So in actuality, I am still on schedule.

With no school and no pending homework due dates in the morning, I plan to reach my quota and build towards a new cushion.

Have a great night, NaNoers. Happy writing.

Word Count
8,344/50,000

No comments: