Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 12 of NaNoWriMo

I will be taking Spanish this summer. The maintenance guys did more talking than working if you ask me and they still didn’t fix everything. Now it may be my paranoia, but I think they were talking about what they were going to come back and get whenever I go back to work. I hope I can be here when they come back to fix the other stuff. After that I’m changing the locks so they are going to have to kick the doors in to get in here. Hopefully, one of my neighbors will see them and call the police.

Still I was able to make the most of the day, by looking on the bright side—I had an extra day off. D was acting a fool so I sent him to his room. It wasn’t long before he fell asleep.

I got in 481 towards my daily word count but since I’d been wound up since 6 am, I took a page out of D’s book of toddlerhood, I took a nap.

D and I paid a visit to my father before I started back on my novel. I wrote a little over 800 while I was there. I talked to my landlady briefly and she said to take part of the rent money to replace my items that were stolen. She said that the maintenance guys would be back tomorrow to fix the other stuff. She advised that I should probably take my laptop with me when I leave. Now come on, did she really think that I wouldn’t take it? Be for real lady.

When D and I made it home, I started on my novel again. It’s my story and I can’t believe all of the twist and turns that are taking place. I love, I love it. I can’t wait until December so I can start my corrections and revisions.

My final word count for today was 2169, which puts me back on track. Here’s a little bit of what I worked on today:

A flight attendant and a maid, Mrs. Muhammad was a very busy woman. Two men, two jobs, two cities, and two kids. I wondered what kind of vitamins she took. Before I asked Carl to let me use the bathroom so I could check the medicine cabinet, Peaches walked into the house. I thought she was going to have a coronary when she saw me standing in her living room.

“Hello, Peaches, it’s so nice to meet you,” I said walking over to her and holding my hand out to shake her’s.

“Hello, Sassy, I’ve heard a lot about you,” she said shaking my hand, squeezing it like a vice grip. I continued to smile at her even though I wanted to scream bloody murder.

“Good things I hope.”

“Yes, of course,” Carl said coming over and putting his arm around both of us. “Would ladies like something to eat? Peaches is a great cook.”

“No thank you but can we have something to drink?”

“Yes, you can,” Peaches said heading to the kitchen.

I gave Cole Slaw a look and she followed Peaches offering to help. I didn’t want sneaky Peaches to disappear out the back door.

“She’s nice, Carl, I like her.”

“I’m glad you like her, she’s great for me. She reminds me a little of you, she keeps me straight.”

“Good to hear, where’s your bathroom?”

“Up the stairs and soon as you get to the top, it’s the first door you see.”

“Thanks.”

I hopped up the stairs one at a time. As soon as I got into the bathroom, I called the police. It was time to let them take over; I had done all of the hard work.


Word Count
20,012/50,000

No comments: