Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Son Thinks He's Rich

image from Ivenergy.com
My son saw a few dollars sitting on my desk and asked what I was going to do with them.  I told him I would give him the money if he could keep up with it.  He promised he would and took the bills to his room to add to the other money he had saved up.

He came back a few minutes later, "Mom, I have $9.00 and 300 cents." I smiled and said that's great.  It didn't dawn on me until I heard him telling Dad the good news.   Apparently, I nor the teachers had made sure my seven year old understood that 300 cents was the equivalent of $3.00.

image from wildwings.com
I called him back to my room and broke it down to him. Then I asked him what 9 plus 3 was.  "You mean I have $12?  I've got more money than any kid ever had?  How did I save all this money? What can I buy with all this money?"  I laughed and asked him how much money did he get off my desk. He said $8.00, I guess he'll figure out later on how he got so much money in such a short time.

Wow, now I'm starting to miss the days when I thought $12 was a lot of money. How about you?


No comments: