Thursday, January 22, 2015

I've Almost Completed My Challenge ~ Then What?



With the end of this 31 day blogging challenge fast approaching, I've been thinking about how I am going to proceed with at least one of my works in progress.  Blogging is pretty fun but writing fiction is my passion.  I still plan to do a blog post at least once a week, maybe more since I'll be updating my word count in the left margin almost daily.

I'm falling behind schedule a little when it comes to what I had planned to do starting the first of January.  I should be rewriting and editing the first book in my Sassy Johnson series right now.  Since I hadn't planned to publish until around June, I still have time to finish it, send it to an editor, find a cover artist and make all necessary corrections to the manuscript before submitting it to Amazon/Kindle.

image from johnanthonyjames.com
I'll probably set word count goals like I did for NaNoWriMo to hold myself accountable.  I won't beat myself up if I don't meet a word goal but I'll just try to do better the next day.  I'll probably set weekly goals instead of daily goals so as long as I meet the goal for the week, I can kind of take my time each day if I need to.

Boy oh boy, I can't wait to get all of these stories out of my head so I can share them with people.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you abs the progress you're making. Maybe if I did something like this, I could get more writing done. I don't know, but it's worth a shot. I love that you're going to change from daily to weekly. It takes some of the pressure off. You go girl! Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Thanks for reading and commenting.

I have to set goals or challenges for myself or I will never get anything done. It's been a cool experience but I can't wait to get back to my book(s).