Thursday, January 29, 2015

What Are You Doing Super Bowl Sunday?

image from pixshark.com
With the Super Bowl coming up, one of my coworkers suggested that everyone in our group wear a jersey or t-shirt in support of our favorite NFL team.  Of course she didn't tell us this until today before we all got off work.  Many of us aren't really football fans, so we don't just have paraphernalia lying around.  I have a Steelers cap only because I was aggravating my Cowboy fan cousins at a party we had a few years ago.


Since I'm silly, I asked if I could wear my son's Seahawk comforter.  That's not going to happen but I was just thinking out loud.



I decided that I'm going to wear a black shirt and black jeans with my Steelers hat and black and yellow sneakers.  This will only be the second time I've worn the darn thing.  I told my son that I will buy us both Seahawk shirts and hats after the Super Bowl.

Remember when I latched on to the Memphis Grizzlies just because they are the home team?  Well the Tennessee Titans are the home football team but they suck, so I can't get jiggy with them.

Back in the day, I used to go to Super Bowl parties just for the heck of it.  Since I've had my son, no one has invited me to any.  Probably because they figured out that I could care less about the game and I was only there for the snacks.  I may make some food for us to snack on during the game this year.  Lord, please don't let the kid get mad when I hop on my Ipad to watch The Walking Dead.

What are your plans for the Super Bowl?


No comments: