Saturday, January 24, 2015

I'm Officially a Basketball Fan


Over the years, I knew just enough about basketball to know a lot of the top players, what team they played for and what the team colors and mascots were.  Even with all that knowledge, I never really paid attention to the games.  Tonight I went to my very first professional basketball game and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My son always talks about football so I didn't think he would like the game that much but he surprised me.  He was asking when we would be able to go back.  When I told him I didn't know, he said, "We can go next month." HA!! That boy swears he's the boss of me.


We went to the game with some old friends of mine including, Reese, whom I always said should have been my husband but he ended up being one of my best friends instead.  He and I had so much in common that it was like we were brother and sister or at least cousins.  I guess it's a good thing that we didn't get married because I don't think I would have been able to put up with a male version of myself.  


It felt good to see the home team win my first time going, that made the experience extra special.  Thanks to Reese's sister, Quita, for inviting me.  Lil dude and I had a great time.



No comments: