Saturday, November 16, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013 ~ Day 16 Update

Hey good people.  I just wanted to let you guys know that I am still in the NaNoWriMo game.  My total word count is 27235.  Like I mentioned earlier on Twitter, I am falling in love with my main character all over again.  Every time I read my outline and try to flesh out that part of the story, Sassy jumps in and tells me that's not it.  I mean, sometimes I'm headed in the right direction and sometimes I'm way off.  So, I'm letting her tell the story the way she wants to.

For those that don't understand where I'm coming from, I'm sure that sounds like a crazy person talking about an imaginary person whom she thinks is real.  There's more to it than that.  When you know your characters.  When you know what they will and won't do, you start to really see things through their eyes.

At this point I would normally leave an excerpt but I won't this time.  If you want an excerpt, leave me a comment, otherwise I'll keep them to myself.

I really believe in this story.  I haven't felt like this about anything I've written in a long time and it feels good. This story is meant to be the second book in a series I started back in 2009 but I think I like this one better than the first one.  Guess that means that when November is over, I'll let this story rest and finish editing the first one.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Until next time--I'll holler!

No comments: