Saturday, November 8, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 ~ Day 8

I am more than 2000 words behind on my word count and feeling kind of sad about it.  It's not like my ideas aren't continuously flowing it's just that I am having a hard time getting an hour to myself to really flesh out my ides.  I mean, I'm writing a paragraph here and a sentence there but not enough to meet my daily word count and it's driving me insane.  Family, friends and life in general keep begging for my attention and even though I try to tell them that I need a little time to myself, they pretty much ignore me.


During times like this I sit around and try to image how my life will be as a full time writer and I keep coming back to the fact that I will--

a) Always have to wait until everyone leaves the house or goes to sleep to write. 

b) Have to leave the house myself and post up at the library or in a freaking parking lot to get some privacy and a piece of mind.

I hope the rest of you are doing well with your word counts. If not just keep going like I plan to. Even if we don't reach 50,000 by November 30, it will be more than we had November 1.

Happy NaNo-ing...
I'll holler

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should be proud of yourself for putting the effort forth!! It can be difficult having to say, I need time to do this to your family or putting other commitments aside to put your writing first. Good luck, you have accomplished so much writing already !

Susie McCray said...

Thanks Elizabeth, that means a lot.