Tuesday, November 4, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 ~ Day 4

I love NaNoWriMo with all my heart, to the moon and back as they say. But, it's driving me crazy all ready.  It's my fault though, cause I wasn't as prepared as I should have been.

Note to self and other writers--

If you are writing a series, be sure to re-read the previous book or books in the series so you won't make stupid mistakes.

Man, I was bringing folks back from the dead, calling folks by the wrong name and not remembering if  the character had 6 siblings or 9. 


Another good idea to do is have what I'm going to call a post outline. I have an outline that gives me a route that I could go in while I'm writing but I need an outline that documents where I really did take the story.  Basically a chapter summary. 

This may seem like common sense and I would have said that myself before I saw all of the ooops moments I had.  

Whew! End rant...

My total word count is 6050.  I was hoping to be at 8000 but crap happens.  If (or when) I'm too lazy to let you guys know my status, there is a little box to the left that will show you my total word count. Now sometimes the NaNoWriMo site "be in his feelings" but as soon as I'm able, I do update the total.

I hope that you are doing well with your novel. Happy NaNo-ing! 
I'll holler...

No comments: