Thursday, November 13, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 ~ Day 13

I haven't had this hard of a time writing since 2009.  The story premise is great but I just can't seem to flesh it out.  My muse has been telling me to finish editing the stories that I have already done.


Fine time to tell me but I was probably ignoring him anyway.  I was doing my own thing. Now I need him, but he won't help me.


When I ask for some ideas or inspiration, he pretends that he doesn't hear me at first. Then he's like, "You talking to me?  I thought you knew what you were doing."  God, I hate that guy sometimes.

I'm thinking he may be right though.

Some people may say that this is nothing but self doubt creeping in but honey boom (not boo boo), if you saw all the works in progress that I have you would slap me.

It just occurred to me that maybe this story is supposed to be a short story but I'm trying to make it be something it's not meant to be.  That may sound crazy but hey it's just a thought.

Now I don't want to be labeled as a quitter so...

  • I will continue to work on this year's NaNo as much as possible.  
  • I will not continue to beat myself up over missing word count goals.  
  • I will start rewriting one of my other novels so I will feel productive.

Hey, you don't have to be like me.  Keep doing your thing and good luck.

Happy NaNo-ing!
I'll holler.

No comments: