Sunday, July 6, 2008

Can't Fix Stupid

I know many people want their significant other to look a certain way, but to me that's not the most important thing. I'm like this--as long as the guy smells good, doesn't have "butter" on his teeth, doesn't weeze when he talks, and can bend over enough to tie his own shoes; it's all good.

One thing I absolutely cannot stand though is a guy that can't carry on a descent conversation. I have no patience for dum-dums. He could take a class, read a book or two, do something to gain some knowledge every once in a while. It's cool to talk about music and sports sometimes, but I need a guy that can be a little deeper than that. If he can't handle that he has to go. I can't fix stupid but I sure can get rid of him.

2 comments:

Helen Shearer said...

I hear ya, sister. Two years ago I tried online dating ( for research purposes, of course. I was writing a novella about online dating for a competition)and I was stunned by the number of brainless idiots who can't put a sentence together and wonder why they can't get a date. My friends told me that my standards were too high. They said that just because a man writes badly doesn't make him an idiot. I beg to differ. You don't have to be Hemingway, but if you don't have at least a perfunctory grasp of grammar and spelling then I ain't gonna date yoose.

Susie McCray said...

I have a young son and I want to have good examples of how a man should be around him. I'm like the Army, be all that you can be, dude. Sometimes I think that my standards are too high but hey, I just know what I want. And I don't want a dumb-dumb.