Monday, July 28, 2008

Newbie on the Scene

I just finised J A Konrath's e-book, A Newbie's Guide to Publishing. It's a compilation of over 300 of his blog posts, and I must say, J A Konrath is a "JAK" of many writing trades. Or shall I say "Jack" since he is the author of a female detective series, the main character's name being Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels.

His Newbie e-book is really helpful because it gives new writers advice on how to have a "sticky" online presence, which basically means having a website with alot of links, contests, and free stuff. The site should be informative as well as entertaining and J A's is definitely all of the above.

I like J A because he explains how much hard work goes into being a professional writer. Yes, writing a good book is essential but if you really want your book to sale, you can't leave all of the promotion up to the publisher. It's your book, your thoughts, who better to talk about it than you?

You have to check out J A's website . I also have a link to his blog in my links.

No comments: